Monday, February 4, 2013

Whimper Giggle and Rubber Recycling

WARNING: So those of you that know my father will be able to do that thing like when you see a bit of text and a picture of Morgan Freeman, you'd be physically unable to read that bit of text without hearing Morgan Freeman's voice.  For those of you that don't know my father, just pretend he's Morgan Freeman.  That being said, let's do this.

Tonight at work, I get a phone call from someone requesting information about a mission.  After my standard ultra professional greeting, she says "Hi! My name is *Birdy Vanderplopapoo* from Task Force *Doesn't Matter*."

And in my best My Dad voice, I say "Well hi!  How are you doing tonight?" (See warning above.)

Birdy Vanderplopapoo then proceeds with the conversation completely dismantled and kept dismantling for the next 4 minutes.  She started making self-deprecating jokes about losing track of days because she worked nights.  Which was completely innocent in itself, but I could hear her self confidence absolutely unravel.

And then came the whimper giggle.

After everything I said like "Yes I received your email," "Thank you very much," and "I just so happened to have already taken care of it," she would just wilt over the phone with her whimper giggle.

Now we've all seen the movies where the shy, awkward, teen girl talks to the most popular cock who spends too much money on his hair.  I'm not saying this is anything like that, but if you were to draw a comparison from that, I wouldn't blame you.

Who would've thought that my My Dad voice would weaken the knees of the meek?  Not me.

Zombie Tip:

So I know that my last Zombie Tip hinted at an elaborate encampment set up with lots of planning and construction.  Well here's a tip for what you could do in the meantime.

Most of you have tried the agility drill where you run through a group of tires trying not to trip.  Have you ever done it flawlessly?  Plausible.  Have you ever fallen on your face because your foot got caught on the inner lip of tire?  Absolutely.  After all of the gasoline is used up and all of the abandoned automobiles have been abandoned, collect the tires.  Once said tires have been collected, use the tires as a trip moat, so to speak.

Setting up a perimeter of otherwise unused tires around your compound, encampment, bunker, or cushion fort, should slow the walkers enough to buy you valuable time to run or aim, decrease spent calories through diminished construction endeavors, increase the visibility of your overwatch, and boost your group's morale because watching zombies fall all over themselves has got to be new pastime worthy.  

If zombies have a weakness, it'd be that they're clumsy, and we'd be downright silly if we didn't exploit this.

Food for thought.

Bonus lesson from this tip: tire irons make great zombie defense weapons.

No comments:

Post a Comment