Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Land Far, Far Away and Land Far, Far, Well Not That Far Away

I miss stuff:
I miss my wife and pushing her buttons (not like that you nasty perv...well...nevermind).  I miss my oldest daughter constantly being upside-down and her ability to sneak and startle me.  I miss my youngest daughter's horse sense and raccoonism (she will climb and find food and then stash it around the house to eat later)(We feed her, don't start that judgmental crap with me).  I miss my dog being treated as a boy dog (he should be chasing squirrels and rabbits and cats, not wearing sweaters and bows).  I miss my cooking.  I miss most of my wife's cooking.  I miss working with people accountable for knowing how to do their jobs.  I miss my 45 minute one-way commute.  I miss 40-hour work weeks.  I miss lunches with my friends at my favorite lunch joints downtown in the city I work.  I miss rum.  I miss not wearing PT belts and eyepro everywhere.   I miss margaritas.  I miss having choices that don't affect others.  I miss when other people's choices don't affect me.  I miss playing disc golf.  I miss the drama in disc golf league.  I miss having my own desk.  I miss going to the gun range.  I miss my stay-cold pillow.  I miss having deep, meaningful conversations about zombie biologies, zombie tactics, other miscellaneous zombie theories.  I miss stuff.

I don't mean to bring you down, Bruce, but this is my blog, so you can get eaten by zombies if you think this is too mopey to read and learn from.  Also, don't take that as a personal attack.  You're too sensitive.



Zombie tip:

I've traveled for work to most of the states still a part of these United States.  One thing I've noticed, while moving from the airport to the job site, is that there are WIDE, OPEN SPACES in every state.  Let me say that again with more emphasis.  WIDE.  OPEN.  DAMN.  SPACES.  Now what this means in terms of zombie survival is this: remote bug out havens don't have to be out of reach. Consider this, when the panic hits, a metric assload of those panicking panickers will become zombies (they should've read my work) all while the other honey bunches of panicking panickers will be evacuating.  Probably somewhere North, mountainous, or both.  Jury is still out on whether zombies freeze and die, freeze and thaw, or be altogether unaffected by the temperature drop, but many survivors will bank on slower, frozen zombies.  So they'll go where it's cold.  Crowds are dangerous.  Where crowds are present, so too will be zombies.  Crowds will be where crowds have been (cities) and where they're going (Destination Frozone)  There is a saying you should forget, "Safety in numbers."  Numbers should remain relatively low as to remain undetected and agile.

So, knowing now that cities, Northern and/or mountainous locations, and the routes in which to get there will be crammed with walker bait, don't go there.  Bug out somewhere remote, but what I'm saying is, remote is not that far away.  Remote is everywhere.  Get off the highway and you'll be there soon.  You won't have to stock up on gear for an unfamiliar climate.  You already have it in your closets.  You don't have to scavenge libraries or bookstores for literature on unfamiliar flora and fauna (didn't work for Christopher McCandless either).  Just learn what's around you...now.  Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment