Friday, September 2, 2011

Fair warning and nuke Boca Raton

This page will have zombie related material, but it will not be exclusive to zombies.

Boy, glad that's over with.  It was pretty tense back there.  Lots of...tension.  Glad we made it through.  Together.

Last night, I went to Donut Fish's (daughter #1) 3rd grade class for Curriculum Night with her teacher.  I'm glad I only have to go to these things once a year.  I went to hear what the teacher had to say because Wifey said she couldn't go because of "work purposes".  DF's teacher started talking about their schedules for the day and how important reading was and zzzzzzzzzzz, and then she gets interrupted by one those 3rd grade parents. 
 "Do you have any extra time during the day for the struggler?" 
(Please keep your questions until the end.)
"Well, we haven't scheduled any..." 
"Because we're from Florida and they had 30 extra minutes a day for the kids that are struggling with their reading."
(Why are you interrupting her?)
"Well I go around during individual reading to..."
"But you don't have any extra time built for them?  How do you give the struggling kids a chance to catch up?
(Just let her talk so I can leave!)
"During individu..."
"Sorry, I'm from Florida and they do things different than they do here."
(No shit! They teach our kids to read!)
Other 3rd grade parent: "We lived in Florida too, where are you from?"
(There's more of you??)
"Boca Raton, you?"
(Go back!)
"Pensacola, we blah, blah, blah."
"Oh I love it there, we totally are going to have to talk later about this blah, puke, barf"
(I want to go home!)

Holy crap!  I'm a kid's dad.  I don't care where you're from.  I don't care for the snooty Boca Raton tone.  And why are you being snooty anyway?  My kid reads good.  I have to listen to the teacher and tell Wifey I listened to the teacher.  Zip it already!  I want to feed and get on Turntable.

Zombie tip: So when you're digging your moat around your fort, I highly suggest that you use a pick ax.  The longer you use it, the more you will get the rhythm and the feel of letting the tool do the work for you.  This new skill will prove to be very important in zombie combat (if you choose a pick ax as your weapon).  Also pay special attention to the technique that works best for you when dislodging the pick ax out of a sticky spot.  You'll need that technique to quickly retrieve your pick ax to prepare for the next attacker if it gets stuck in a roamer dome.  Food for thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment